Cachi was born in New York City, and has been playing percussions for most of his life. He was taught the art by a great percussionist, his father, Phil “Pipo” Velez. Pipo played with Ismael Miranda (Cachi’s godfather), Saoco, and The TNT Band. Cachi started in the music industry by singing back-up vocals and dancing/ choreography for Lagosa Records. Cachi then decided to make music his life and obtain a Degree in Audio Engineering / Sound Recording from Mercy College/Center for the Media Arts.
Since then, Cachi has produced two Albums: Sonido Bestial feat. DJ Dynamite (recorded in P.R.) and Rude Boyz NY, which was recorded at his own studio, Mucha Madness Recording Studio Inc., located in the Bronx. Playing congas, bongos and timbales, Cachi has been fortunate enough to have participated in many recordings and performances with various artists like the FANIA ALL STARS Legends, Willie Colon & Yomo Toro, Grammy Winning Percussionist Chino Nunez, Grammy Winner Marlow Rosado y la Riquena, 2x Grammy Nominated Percussionist Sammy Figueroa, Kevin Ceballo, Angel Lopez of Son by Four, Frankie Negron, Alfredo De La Fe, Edgar Joel, and Julio Voltio just to name a few.
Since relocating to the South Florida area, Cachi has joined the group Araka, a collaboration of Latin Fusion with soul, and was the Percussionist for Telemundo’s “Yo Me LLamo”. After many years of playing with so many diverse bands, Cachi has started his own bands “ Cachi y Saoco Nuevo” and a Latin Jazz band called “Cachi and his Salsa Jazz Ensemble”, a Latin Jazz band with a Salsa twist. Cachi has already played for major institutions, clubs, lounges, fairs and concert halls in the South Florida area. Cachi hopes to create his own brand of Salsa Dura and Latin Jazz in hopes of entertaining the masses in the months and years to come.
• FANIA ALL STARS Legends, Willie Colon & Yomo Toro
• Grammy Winning Percussionist Chino Nunez
• Grammy Winner Marlow Rosado y la Riquena
• 2x Grammy Nominated Percussionist Sammy Figueroa
• Grammy Winner Joey Williams, Blind Boys of Alabama
• Kevin Ceballo
• Angel Lopez, Son by Four
• Frankie Negron
• Alfredo De La Fe
• Grupo Latin Vibe
• Julio Voltio
• Edgar Joel
• Dirty Socks Fun Time Band
• Rene Escovedo
• Lily Vasquez
• Edwin Vazquez
• Chris Klein & The Blvds
• The Fillmore Theatre South Beach Miami FL. (Jackie Gleason Theatre)
• The City of Hollywood & Miami Beach
• America TeVe
• Carnegie Hall
• Lincoln Center’s Merkin Concert Hall Theatre
• Tribeca Film Festival
• Telemundo Television (NY and Miami)
• Univision Television
• The Copacabana
• NBC Studios
• Cami Concert Hall
• 116th Street Festival
• The Knitting Factory
• The Laugh Factory
• Nuyorican Poets Café (New York and Puerto Rico)
• 2009 NAMM Show in Anaheim Ca.
• Legends Café
• The Stage
• And many other clubs and lounges throughout.