PRIDA, Puerto Rican Institute for the Development of the Arts, is an organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Puerto Rican artists and the arts.
- PRIDA grew out of Comité Noviembre’s Puerto Rican Artisan Fair and Exhibit. This, the largest such fair outside of Puerto Rico, takes place in November and has brought together the best Puerto Rican artists on the east coast for a day of arts, crafts and literature since 2006.
- PRIDA supports Puerto Rican artists by establishing a membership program that advocates, empowers and services the member organizations and artists. Some of the goals of the membership program are:
- Inform members about upcoming events and venues that welcome their participation as vendors through our newsletter, website and social networking resources
- Inform the community in general about events that preserve, promote and protect our arts and culture
- Sponsor events to showcase and promote Puerto Rican arts and culture
- Provide opportunities for our members to conduct workshops and other special events
- Provide our members with workshops that provide unique hands-on training and critical educational skills necessary for their professional advancement.
- To open up markets for the sale of art by Puerto Rican artists
- Develop a database of galleries and art spaces
- PRIDA advocates that funding for the arts should include and be distributed to the artists and organizations in our community.
- PRIDA will update artists about funders that offer our members opportunities to apply for funding that will support the realization of their projects.
If you are a Puerto Rican artist or organization and want to join the movement to promote, preserve and protect Puerto Rican arts and culture then become a member of PRIDA today! (Membership Application)
Visit PRIDA.org for more information
Puerto Rico its sites and the culture are my greatest influence. I was born in Brooklyn, New York, the great city of many tall grey buildings that cast cool shades...
The art of Obed Gómez Original Art & Prints Puerto Rican contemporary artist Obed Gómez expresses himself in a variety of media, including acrylic on canvas, watercolor, pencil, ink and...